By now most businesses will have heard of the latest worldwide Cyber Attack that commenced last Friday which crippled much of the NHS in the UK and another 200,000 business in over 150 countries. Is your business ready to mitigate the effects of such an attack? Whilst it’s impossible to completely eliminate the risk 100%, there are several practical steps that can be taken to ensure you are well prepared to minimise the impact of any breach.
Below are some steps as recommended by Ripplecom’s own security experts:
• A robust and scalable network design is key. Legacy equipment and internal departments should be isolated and fire-walled within the LAN to ensure that any outbreaks are contained.
• Ensure that backups are regularly taken, preferably with snapshots so that the encrypted files don’t simply replace already backed up files.
• Email filtering rules should be in place that block malicious attachments but every business should also have a system whereby potentially malicious emails are flagged for approval before getting to the end user.
• User education is another really important point. Staff should be made aware of what to look out for and what a suspicious mail or attachment looks like.
• Relying on anti-virus software or a firewall on its own, is not enough to protect a business. A clear and effective strategy with a layered approach to security is necessary.
You’ll find more information on our ‘Security’ solutions here or to speak to one of our experts and get advice on how we can help your business stay secure, call us today on 1890-747753 or email email@example.com
“What impressed me most, was the proactive approach of the Ripplecom team to listen and quickly understand our business requirements and then, structure a solution that was tailored specifically for us. The Ripplecom staff including the sales, engineering and support teams were skilled and competent and delivered a telephony solution that met the needs of our business. At all times during the procurement process, it was more like the development of a long term business to business relationship, rather than a one-off transactional event. We look forward to growing this business to business relationship as each of our businesses grow in the future"
Declan Benson Deputy CEO, Caherdavin & District Credit Union
Ripplecom's connectivity solutions have helped us roll out a number of initiatives concerning internet, mobile and cloud technologies. We would now view Ripplecom as a key enabler to our business and a key strategic partner with respect to our long term ICT strategy.
Ripplecom provided a dedicated point to point licensed radio link to our remote North Cork location. The project management and flow of information throughout the installation process was extremely professional and efficient. This dedicated link is essential to the growth of our business and the running of our key day to day applications, e.g. phones, call centre, data, truck tracking and billing.