At Ripple Communications Ltd (“Ripplecom”) we take your privacy seriously. It is important that you know exactly what we do with personal information that you provide us, why we gather it and what it means to you. We want customers to be confident in the knowledge that we treat their Personal Information with care and in accordance with our obligations under applicable data protection and privacy laws.
What do we mean by “Personal Information”?
Personal Information is data that relates to any natural person including but not limited to names, addresses and billing records. With respect to our customers and when the context so requires, Personal Information also includes location information, IP addresses and bandwidth usage metrics.
What Personal Information do we collect?
Due to the nature of our services and products, we may collect the following Personal Information subject to notice or consent where relevant:
1. Contact Information, meaning information that allows us to identify or contact customers. This information includes name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, user names and passwords, delivery details, as well as other contact information which is collected directly from the customer.
2. Account Information, meaning information customers provide us to set up our services such as bank account information, billing address, and information customers provide us when they contact us inquiring about our products and services.
3. General Usage Information, meaning information generated when customer uses our products and services, for instance, customer usage, telephone calls etc
For what purposes do we use Personal Information?
We collect information about customers due to the nature of our services and products. It is important for us to ensure that our products and services are simple, personal and reliable. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our services and products and to match them as much as possible to your personal or business needs. We may therefore collect Personal Information for the following purposes, subject to notice or consent where relevant:
1. To provide our products and services. We use Contact, Account and Service Information for setting up and maintaining our products and services and for our administrative processes. These activities include provisioning, technical support, hardware and software upgrades, billing and collection of payments.
2. To enhance our products and services. We may rely on General Usage Information to identify improvement areas. For instance, high usage in certain sites may lead to site upgrades. We may also conduct market research to improve our existing services and develop new products according to the needs of our customers.
3. To present new products and services. We may communicate with you about upcoming features in our products and services or promotions that might interest you.
4. To manage our performance. We may use Personal Information when asking for feedback in respect of the performance of our products and services, our customer care service and our maintenance and operations. Where allowed by applicable law, we may use information related to your use and access to our products and services for purposes of traffic management, customer enquiries and prevention or detection of fraud. Where allowed by applicable law, we may also monitor and record our communications with you, including e-mails and phone conversations, for training purposes, quality assurance and to record details about the products and services you order from us.
5. To meet our legal obligations. We may be required by law to disclose Personal Information in compliance with the terms of a valid legal process or where required to do so by law enforcement agencies. These disclosures may be made without your consent and knowledge, and without notice, in compliance with the terms of a valid legal process. We reserve the right to challenge the access to Personal Information by authorities.
To whom may we disclose Personal Information?
Ripplecom is committed to protecting Personal Information. For the performance of our products and services, we may disclose, in compliance with applicable law and subject to prior notice or consent where relevant.
1. Ripplecom Employees. As part of their normal duties Ripplecom staff may need access to your Personal Information. Such access is controlled on a need to know basis.
2. Other third parties. We may use third-party partners to help deliver our service and may share information with our service provider (such as host providers). We only work with trusted partners and we have contracts in place with those partners to ensure your data is protected.
3. Sale or purchase. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
4. Legal Obligation. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ripplecom, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies or organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
How do we protect Personal Information?
We work very hard to protect your privacy and have taken key steps in protecting it. We have formally appointed individuals who are responsible for the security of our network, supporting infrastructure and our information systems. We have implemented technical and organisational precautions to protect Personal Information. These technical solutions may include, but are not limited to, password protection, encryption, firewalls, anti-virus, intrusion detection, anomaly detection and access controls for our employees. Organisational solutions include physical and procedural safeguards, training in data protection has been provided to all staff. We can assure you that we only operate at the very highest standards of data security.
How long do we keep Personal Information?
Personal Information will be retained for as long is reasonably necessary for us to fulfill the purposes for which the Personal Information was collected, as noted above.
We may keep an anonymized form of your personal data, which will no longer refer to you, for statistical purposes without time limit, to the extent that we have a legitimate and lawful interest in doing so.
Please contact us for further details of applicable retention periods.
Your data rights
You’ve trusted us with your details, so it’s your right to have access to clear, easy to understand information about them. If any details are inaccurate you’ve got the right to have them corrected. You also have new rights which give you more control over who sees and uses your data. If you have any questions about how we use your information you can contract customer service by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting 061 500250.
What impressed me most, was the proactive approach of the Ripplecom team to listen and quickly understand our business requirements and then, structure a solution that was tailored specifically for us. The Ripplecom staff including the sales, engineering and support teams were skilled and competent and delivered a telephony solution that met the needs of our business. At all times during the procurement process, it was more like the development of a long term business to business relationship, rather than a one-off transactional event. We look forward to growing this business to business relationship as each of our businesses grow in the future.
Ripplecom's connectivity solutions have helped us roll out a number of initiatives concerning internet, mobile and cloud technologies. We would now view Ripplecom as a key enabler to our business and a key strategic partner with respect to our long term ICT strategy.
Ripplecom provided a dedicated point to point licensed radio link to our remote North Cork location. The project management and flow of information throughout the installation process was extremely professional and efficient. This dedicated link is essential to the growth of our business and the running of our key day to day applications, e.g. phones, call centre, data, truck tracking and billing.